OCC Road Trip 2017
Be the hands and feet of Jesus as we prepare OCC Shoeboxes in the Minneapolis OCC Processing Center for their final leg of the journey to children around the world!
- For students age 13 or older, chaperones, adults, and families.
- Transportation included via a chartered bus.
- Check-in at Abiding Savior from 5:30-5:45pm on Tuesday November 21st. (Eat before you arrive on Tuesday.)
- Return approximately 9:45pm on Wednesday, November 22nd.
- Tuesday night housing at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Owatonna, MN.
- Processing Center is located in Lakeville, MN. We are scheduled to work from 9am to 5pm.
- Extra money needed for supper on the return trip. (options at the Trails Travel Plaza in Albert Lea, MN include Pizza Hut Express, McDonalds, Coldstone, Convenience store, and more)
- All students, regardless if they are coming with the Youth Group or with their family, MUST be 13 years old on or before November 22nd, 2017.
- $25 deposit due during registration (remainder due on or before check-in. See below for more pricing info)
- Registration Deadline is Monday November 13th, 2017.
- CLICK HERE to see the trip Itinerary
The total cost for the trip is dependent on the total number of participants that sign up. The closer we get to filling the bus the less expensive it will be for each participant. The prices below are listed as a cost range which indicates the minimum and maximum total cost possible for the trip. After the registration cutoff (Monday, November 13th) we will know how many people are coming, and we will be able to finalize the total cost per person. I'll email out an invoice to each participant/family at that time. $25 Deposit due at Registration per person.
Cost includes transportation via motor coach, hotel (w/breakfast), and lunch at OCC Processing Center. You will need to bring additional money for supper on Wednesday for the trip home.
- Student: $72-90
- Chaperone: $45-62 (housing cost waived as a "thank you" for serving)
- Adults/Family Members: $45-62 plus hotel accommodations (see below)
Housing for Students: As each room will have 2 queen beds, I'm planning to have 4 people in each room: 3 students and 1 chaperone. I am aware that we rarely get numbers to work out perfectly, and we don't always get as many chaperones as needed. Therefore, we will adjust this as needed, including the possibility of having one chaperone for two rooms.
Housing for Chaperones: You will be staying with students in their hotel rooms. We will run a background check on all Chaperones, unless we already have one on file at church. As a "thank you" for serving as a chaperone, you will not be paying for your housing. This is reflected in the cost section above.
Housing for Adults/Family Members: Cost of each hotel room is $80. Each room has two queen sized beds and can sleep from 1 and 4 people. You will need to indicate during Registration how you plan to be housed (i.e. if you are spitting the room with a friend; if the four people in your family are staying together in one room; if you are a family of 5 and you need two rooms; if the parents are staying in one hotel room, but the students will stay with the Youth Group; etc...). Remember, you can only have a maximum of 4 people per room.
- $25Adult or Family Member